Why Every Business Needs a Copywriter
What Exactly Does a Copywriter Do?
Copywriting is the process of writing persuasive material that motivates people to take actions such as, make a purchase, click on a link, donate to a cause, schedule a consultation, etc. It is one of the most effective and authentic forms of marketing. Copywriters provide content in many genres. They can compose web copy, blog posts, product descriptions, email blasts, newsletters, and so much more. The possibilities are endless.
Why Should I Hire a Copywriter?
Writing and publishing consistently good copy is crucial for business development. As a business owner, you probably don’t have the time to produce weekly blog posts, newsletters, or other forms of marketing copy. It often can get pushed to the end of the to-do list. Meanwhile, your competitors with a hired copywriter are consistently gaining revenue and visibility. It’s time to get a copywriter of your own.
Hiring a copywriter means…
- More time for morning coffee (or anything else you’d rather be doing rather than staring at your screen with writer’s block).
- Perfectly captured descriptions of your products and services
- No more grammar issues = better SEO and a more professional feel
- New and engaging content formats
- Targets are hit and goals are met
- You generate organic traffic to help bring in sale
Not quite convinced? Here are some stats…
Conductor published the first known study and here’s what they found
- Consumers who read a brand’s educational content were 131% more likely to purchase from that brand.
- One week after reading content, customers were still 48% more likely to buy.
- Reading content greatly increased consumer trust and brand affinity, which deepened over time.
Where Can I Find My Perfect Copywriter?
First, you should determine your wants and needs. Copywriters are like doctors– they have specialties. Decide on the skill you’re looking for and the skill level that you need. Read the copywriter’s portfolio and previous works. This will help you determine if they are a good fit.
You can post a job listing for a copywriter, search forums, or find a marketing team with an on-board copywriter.
At Schwing Marketing, we have an amazing copywriting and editing team. We also offer A La Carte services. That means if you only need a copywriter, that’s what you’ll pay for. Learn more here *link to a la carte services*
If you enjoyed this post, like & follow Schwing Marketing Services on social media for more tips and tricks to help your business thrive.
We’re here to help!